Political Boneyard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teh SwInEz Flu O NOEZ

2 posters

Go down

Teh SwInEz Flu O NOEZ Empty Teh SwInEz Flu O NOEZ

Post  Church1ll Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:03 am

Alright so the H1N1 virus has been around for enough time to really see what kind of damage its been doing to our global population and whether or not it really is worth all the hysteria.

Oh, before I continue, please stop calling it the swine flu. This virus originated in humans and is RELATED in some way to swine flu, but it is not swine flu. So quit calling it that. Even scientists are starting to get pissed off at people calling it swine flu.

So, from current statistics approximately 9,324 deaths have been confirmed, as of yesterday, to be caused by the H1N1 virus. Considering the outbreak began around March, this is an incredibly low number of deaths to be caused by a virus, particularly a new virus. Seeing as how the common flu kills almost 40,000 each winter alone, the H1N1 virus isn't exactly something to be afraid of.

Typical symptoms include just about everything you'd get from the typical flu...or even the common cold. In other words, H1N1 is really just a cold at its most mild and a slightly more dangerous flu at its most severe. I say "slightly more dangerous" because our bodies haven't yet developed antibodies to fight off this type of virus yet, while most people have some form of antibodies to fight off the common flu to a certain extent.

Treatments are also pretty similar to the common flu (and common cold) in that medications, lots of liquids, and rest are recommended. Antivirals are also recommended if you have a severe case. Again, this is not different from the common flu or common cold.

Is it contagious? Well, is the seasonal flu contagious, or the common cold? (Seeing a pattern yet?)

Basically, what I'm saying is you don't have to rush out and get a vaccine, fight mobs of people who have been taken in by the hysteria, or rush off to the ER the very instant you get a runny nose and a mild cough. Relax. If you don't hang around people who have the virus, you won't get it. It's that simple.
Church1ll
Church1ll
Admin

Back to top Go down

Teh SwInEz Flu O NOEZ Empty Re: Teh SwInEz Flu O NOEZ

Post  ExoticWhiteMan Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:20 pm

Even though H1N1 isn't dangerous, it'd still be worth it to get a vaccine, just because being sick for a week or two when you don't have to be sucks balls. It took me a half hour at the free clinic I went to, and I guess it would be worth it in case I come close to someone with the virus before the flu season ends.
ExoticWhiteMan
ExoticWhiteMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum