Rabble Rabble Rabble

Go down

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Post  Church1ll on Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:17 am

Warning: It is very likely I am going to make an ass of myself with this post.

Is it just me, or is it a scary thought when Sarah Palin is given national attention and legions of adoring fans for her supposed "political awesomeness" (don't smirk)? Apparently she attended one of those ridiculous "tea party" conference things. I have a very hard time taking a group of people seriously who, after just one year, forgot the Bush years, assume Obama is an evil emperor, and Palin will throw a ring in a volcano to save the world. What I find most shocking is what Palin actually said at this conference of sorts, claiming that it was inspiring to see people "stand up...for common sense conservative principles." Note the word "conservative" in there. Does Palin even KNOW a conservative is not the president?

Another thing on "common sense conservative principles." Conservatives don't riot when someone is actually trying to accomplish something that, when applying common sense, is good for the country. At the moment, the only reason things ARE NOT getting done is because the Republicans are still sulking at their loss in 2008 and automatically vote no for anything the Democrats want to get done. I guarantee that if Obama proposes to cut taxes they will vote no just because he is not a Republican. I don't say this out of hatred for Republicans, because I like some of their ideas and really only hate Dick Cheney. No, I say this because of how the Republicans have been acting this past year. All the bashing, the name calling, it got a little ridiculous. For every Republican "you lie" moment there's a Democrat going "you know, if they just stopped thinking about 2012 for maybe, five seconds, we could get shit done and move on." And now we have the Tea Party, who are trying to cover their asses by claiming McCain would have been even worse...and yet they let Palin, his running mate, be the main event at their little gathering.

I think one of you guys brought this up in a previous post of mine, but wouldn't it make sense if we just abolished the whole "political party" nonsense and just had people run based on their own ideals? Think about it, what if there were no Republicans, Democrats, Independents, etc. and all that were left were people. There would be no ties, no obligations, no nothing. Do you realize how quickly things would be accomplished here? People would not just vote no because the president or whatever isn't part of their party. They would vote no because they truly believe it shouldn't happen.

Thinking about that, why is it that only a handful of people, less than 500, make all of the important decisions that effect all 300 million of us living here? If these idiots truly want the politicians to hear the people, they should not be plotting to overthrow Obama and plant their own person in his place (which, by the way, would start another civil war...or the first, depending upon how you view the Confederate separation and subsequent war). Instead, those people should be trying to force the government in to doing what should have been done when this country was first founded: make the voice of the people the people's, not one person's. What I mean is, rather than having a room full of people who know nothing about being an American (and let's face it, these guys have no clue what being an American really means until they've experienced the life 90% of Americans live), why not let the people themselves decide what should and should not be put in to law? The health care bill would be a phenomenal social experiment. Rather than giving the Senate all the power in deciding if Americans should have to purchase health care, why not make it a vote the entire country takes part in. There will be those who will go in to the voting booths, not reading the plan at all and voting yes because they beat off to Obama's picture every 5 minutes or voting no because they worship Rush Limbaugh and sacrifice babies to Cheney. I know this because it is common sense. Even politicians do it (Patriot Act being the best example). Once the illogical vote comes in then the logical will vote. I am about 92% certain that it will be a close tally once sane people vote, a percentage I pulled out of my ass.

As I have things I must now get to, I will stop here for the time being with this last thought: America needs to chill the fuck out.
Church1ll
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rabble Rabble Rabble

Post  ExoticWhiteMan on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:55 pm

Makes me think of the sentence Scott Brown used to win: "It's the people's seat!" But when you think about it, with two political parties, one's going to be tougher than the other, hence why the Democrats are looking like idiots. After all, Bush passed No Child Left Behind, and even the Patriot Act, without a supermajority, and the Democrats can't pass their own things WITH a supermajority. Well, not anymore, but I agree with you that the system should not be working this way. With two parties, the tactics they'll resort to the steal power each other are going to wreck what they can get done. Gotta admit though, the GOP is getting a lot dirtier than the Democrats are, and the filibustering is spiking more than any other time in history.

What you suggested really would be a good idea, since no parties would mean there wouldn't be two camps of relentless, illogical, deceitful talking heads rallying people to loathe the other aisle. Also, bills like the healthcare bill would be forced to be competent and useful, if people could cast some sort of vote on major legislation that goes along with Congressional votes. Not sure what could be done, but the politicians shouldn't be allowed the luxury of having a loyal party base to fall back on, because then people end up completely against another party because of a few contentious issues like abortion or something and they give the politicians in their own party a free ride to be jackasses who take advantage of their loyalty and don't give a crap about the voters because they don't have to!
ExoticWhiteMan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum