Political Boneyard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Powell and Joe the Plumber

2 posters

Go down

Powell and Joe the Plumber Empty Powell and Joe the Plumber

Post  ExoticWhiteMan Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:31 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/19/rollins.powell/index.html?iref=werecommend

Unfortunately, Powell has endorsed Obama. Issues aside, Obama has pretty much crap for experience, and I don't know why Powell thinks he's the better choice. I guess these discussions will be winding down after the election, so I'll give a little shpeal over who I'm voting for. I feel that Obama's plans and ideas do not emphasize hard work, because his taxes are putting down business owners like Joe, who work the hardest of any of us and will have to pay more taxes for it. Who the hell will want to start a business or operate one here if you have to pay the government so much? We have the 6th highest business taxes in the world ALREADY, so if anything, we should be CUTTING business taxes.

http://internationaltrade.suite101.com/article.cfm/highest_taxed_countries

There's a site with our business tax compared to others. It has some of the lowest country rates, too. Obviously, the more profit businesses have, the more they can use to expand, and the less they will have to rely on CREDIT. Sound familiar? If Obama raises business taxes, two things will happen. Ordinary people won't bother starting a business, because they won't make much more money for the effort. Secondly, already-existing businesses will either move their operations to foreign countries, slow their operations here (like how GM closed two factories), or they will run on credit. These effects make raising taxes on the rich an incredibly stupid idea. Everyone thinks Robin Hood was cool for stealing from rich people, but face it, they're rich because of businesses, and businesses make our country powerful. Obama will undermine our businesses, and make our country even weaker than it already is. Besides, spread the wealth? WTF? That implies people who work hard giving their hard earned cash to A: politicians like Obama who will stuff bills with $500 million of pork a year (Obama did that by himself while he was in the senate; imagine over 50 dems doing this) or B: people who live on welfare for a multitude of legitimate reasons, such as paralysis, and illegitimate reasons, such as obesity, drugs, and being a lazy piece of crap. Tell me if you think otherwise, but I'm scared that Obama be will the favorite of all of the crappy people of our society and will turn our society to crap.
ExoticWhiteMan
ExoticWhiteMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Powell and Joe the Plumber Empty Re: Powell and Joe the Plumber

Post  Church1ll Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:30 pm

While I do agree Obama's business tax plan isn't all its cracked up to be, allow me to rewind a bit on your argument and go back to the experience bit. Honestly, neither side can play the experience card in this election. The instant McCain picked Palin he automatically removed an argument against Obama. While I'd much rather see McCain in office, let's face reality: the guy would be one of the oldest men ever elected to the Oval Office and he has a history of medical problems such as melanoma (which although he's technically cured, he still had it meaning he's that much more susceptible to cancer). Combine the two and you're looking at a guy who probably won't see his four years in office completed. I know Franklin Roosevelt was essentially the same way in terms of health and whatnot, but William Harrison (9th president) also got sick while in office and died about a month after getting in office (and yes I am aware there have been major medical breakthroughs since the 1800s, it's just an example). Obviously if McCain dies then Palin becomes president. She has about the same amount of experience Obama has with the exception she is a governor and he is a senator. Another reason I can't really back the experience bit is because some of our greatest presidents have had little to no experience prior to being elected. So lets all put the experience card to bed...and smother it to death.

Now, as for "spreading the wealth" there are a few sides to this and they aren't as clear cut as black and white. Spreading the wealth can mean a variety of things, the most obvious being the rich giving to the poor. But the rich really can't give to the poor, at least not directly. The idea is essentially a less retarded sounding version of Bush's plan to give tax breaks to the wealthy. If the rich get richer, then hopefully they'll invest more of it in society, create more job, etc etc etc. Unfortunately, about 99% of CEOs and rich folk couldn't give a flying shit about anyone but themselves and thus hoard the money causing the rich to get richer and the poor to get poorer. Here's where the next spread the wealth meaning comes in. The rich could simply raise the pay rates of their employees, thus allowing the low- and middle-classes to live better lives (not that the middle-class needs to live a better life). Also, taxing the wealthy means that arrogant worthless snobs such as actors and actresses have to actually do something with their money other than spend it on drugs and abortions (I seriously hate actors and actresses and I will rip them a new one any chance I get). Also, the absurd amounts of money given to those who do not contribute to society short of entertainment (sad how that works isn't it?) would actually come back into the government to be spent of things of actual value like education and medicine. And then I remembered this is the United States we're talking about meaning that money will go toward paying off a politician's Lamborghini or keeping the public completely unaware of the homophobe's homosexual relationship with little boys (if you're a guy and you have sex with a 6 year old boy, it's still homosexual for any of you going "no it's called pedophile dumbass"). Ok I've seriously gotten off track there but you get my point hopefully.

Now, as for the election. People are going to vote for Obama. It's the unfortunate truth. We'll get over it. People are looking at McCain and seeing Bush because McCain doesn't want to end the war...that and because he's a part of the same party Bush is in. It's basic history: leader of one party does absolute garbage then people are going to vote for the other party's leader...unless the other party's leader is equal garbage. Because Obama is so much different from the other ones and can appeal to the younger crowd, he's going to get a ton of votes. I'm going to sound a little racist here (and I honestly don't care) but him being black gives him an advantage and a disadvantage. While the thugs of the country aren't going to see Obama as "gangsta" or whatever unbearably stupid phrase those idiots use to demean themselves they'll also take this opportunity to "stick it to whitey"...I've heard it so many times here (in Virginia of all places) its absurd...and for whatever reason teens love the hiphop crowd and will emulate everything they do for no reason other than to get shot at and bring in drug babies by the truckload which makes a pretty good number of people for Obama already. Usually, I don't get in to that sort of stuff because I don't like to hear it. But when you actually hear black people say stupid shit like that it's hard not to take notice.

And I forgot where I was going with that.
Church1ll
Church1ll
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Church1ll Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:23 am

I also just realized how incredibly retarded about half that sounded. Whatever, what's said is said. I'm not going to change my rant. If you pay attention to what some people actually say it'll surprise and scare the hell out of you.

Also note that I said some and not all. Same goes for my previous post, although I probably should have mentioned that in the post itself and not a few days later. Whoops. Oh well. Guess that makes me an ignorant racist fuck now doesn't it?

Christ...
Church1ll
Church1ll
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ExoticWhiteMan Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:30 am

I wouldn't say your post was bad at all :-). How many gangsters are going to vote for McCain? Everyone will sympathize with Obama for being the first black presidential candidate, but no one will blame him when his supporters are ignorant fuckers. Being black works to his advantage perfectly, and if he appointed Hillary as running mate, he would have a much stronger command of this election. Fortunately for him,though, McCain had to pick someone with no friggin' experience rather than someone Washington respects. That mistake will probably hand Obama the election.
ExoticWhiteMan
ExoticWhiteMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum