Mel in the HOUSE.

Go down

Mel in the HOUSE.

Post  PokerFace on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:33 am

Okay, I must admit that subject line was more than a little corny, but I figured I might as well do it. Loosen the atmosphere a little. =] Anyway, time to introduce myself.

Despite my masculine sounding username, I'm actually a girl. You can call me Mel, because most people do. I am currently 19 years old (birthday September 21) and my hometown is in Southern New Jersey. At this moment, I am a sophomore marketing major at La Salle University in Philadelphia, PA and I plan to be a market research analyst when I am older. And for anyone that's wondering, I'm dating Scott, username ExoticWhiteMan. (Yes. I had something to do with that, haha.)

I don't usually disclose this type of stuff, but I figured I might as well given the whole point of the forum. I was raised Catholic and am what you could consider "practicing," however I have started to think that I am one of those people that believes in God, yet sets their own rules. Although I was born in the United States and consider myself American, I am 100% Filipino by heritage and am proud of my ethnic roots. As for my political views, I am seeing myself leaning mostly towards the "conservative" side.

I guess the main reason that I'm on the staff of this forum is because of my past experience, despite the fact that the forums with which I have experience are nothing like this one, haha. I moderated at several small forums and even started a few projects of my own where I was the administrator. I guess my most noteworthy experience was my job as a moderator on the international forum, Shinhwa Sarang, which was a forum that was dedicated to the Korean music group, Shinhwa. It had over a thousand members and even got a visit and a message left by one of the members himself. As a moderator, I managed the Stamp Collection. That housed all of the forum members submitted/advertised links. I also managed the Online Dating Service, which was actually the forum's general conversation section. Because that forum came to an end a year ago with a server crash, I recently decided to make a reunion forum for its old members. It's a little tough trying to gather all of the old members again especially since I have no idea where they are, but Shinhwa Sarang Addiction is my current project.

So I guess now that I've introduced myself, I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you! =]

PokerFace
Admin

View user profile http://ssaddiction.proboards101.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Re: Mel in the HOUSE.

Post  DarkLord on Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:27 am

Mel!!!!! A little late, but I second Mel and Allison FTW! haha and hooray for girls with masculine sounding usernames!!! =D

DarkLord
Associate Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down