Political Boneyard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Convoluted bitch of a patriot

3 posters

Go down

Convoluted bitch of a patriot Empty Convoluted bitch of a patriot

Post  ExoticWhiteMan Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:03 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,453011,00.html

All I can say is.........what the hell. Please, read this article. This woman's actions are so utterly despicable and deserving of such severe punishment, I could make a whole post of the horrible things she should go through for treating someone so horribly. But, for now, onto the issues.

As for the woman's actions, they cause me to be hugely ashamed to be her fellow American. People like her inspire mishaps in political speeches (Palin of un-American people, Obama on PA), cause other countries to mock our lack of morality, and generally stain the good name of America. True, the law was on her side, and the man was doing something illegal (but sympathizable). However, she let pride in her country and freedom go to far, and let it turn to hate and ignorance. The things she did to this man aren't justifiable from any perspective, except the perspective of Americans that are lazy, ignorant, mentally obese, un-accepting, intolerant, self-entitled, and downright shitty, qualities that are becoming increasingly pervasive in America (our economic woes are due to more than just greedy bankers). Bitching to his boss and costing him his job, posting signs in his yard saying "This house is owned by an illegal alien," and contacting tons of agencies and officials to take action against him is much more than an attempt to enforce the law.

Her despicable acts aside, the issue here is the laws we have concerning immigration, and what should be done about this guy. First, on the guy. He's lived here for a decade, worked and payed taxes, and even bought a house. He contributes to society just like a citizen should. This makes it very easy to sympathize him, but it doesn't change the fact that he broke our immigration laws. Technically, we could be cold-hearted, follow the law, and toss him out of this country. But, America is a land of opportunity, mercy, and kindness (supposed to be, anyway), and there's no reason why officials shouldn't be able to grant amnesty to people like him who deserve it. Any argument against this man, I think, can't avoid being cruel or unmerciful.

Now, about our laws. We have a few problems in the way our laws work. For one, legals trying to get in this country have to do two things that I know of: pass a test that Americans like Griffin can't pass, and wait for social agency employing lazy, crappy workers to get their paperwork through. The second part takes forever, and makes entering legally impractical. People often come here to have jobs that involve labor; by the time they get approved, they'll have lost years to waiting and might even be using a cane by the time they get here (yes, this is a blatant insult to our bureaucracy). But, if they enter illegally, many employers are happy for the help. Many Americans are too prideful and lazy to do physical work like harvesting, landscaping, restaurant work, etc. Lots of Americans do do this kind of work, but there are a ton that would rather sit unemployed. The woman wouldn't be bitching about lost wages and opportunity if that involved back-breaking work.

The argument that they hurt our country doesn't work, because their cheap, productive labor helps our country. If anyone can be called the victim here, it is them, working for low wages and doing hard work. But, even this is seen as a great opportunity for them. The lowliest and worst paid jobs in America still offer more opportunity than the jobs in Mexico and other places. Sending them back to their home country does absolutely no good for anyone; not for them or us. The only argument left standing is that of US sovereignty, and that essentially boils down to our attitude towards them. If we despise them for being different from us, or have strong nationalism (to the point of racism), then we'll pull out sovereignty to justify deporting them. There is no convincing a racist that allowing immigrants in is a good idea. Aside from background checks and searches, there shouldn't be anything stopping someone from becoming an American. If we tolerate our own countrymen, who are despicable in the way they treat people different from them, how can we turn away people who want to live here peacefully? I gotta go back to work now, and will reply later :-).
ExoticWhiteMan
ExoticWhiteMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Convoluted bitch of a patriot Empty Re: Convoluted bitch of a patriot

Post  Church1ll Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:21 pm

Yea, when you showed me that article earlier today I had essentially the same reaction. People like her make me sick. They'll preach tolerance and equally until they foam out the mouth but the instant they discover there's an illegal immigrant in the vicinity they go batshit crazy. This man did absolutely nothing wrong or immoral, and I don't consider his "illegal" status as wrong as he has been living in the country for a decade and has been paying taxes, including income tax.

What these nut jobs need to realize is that immigrants make this country work. They are hired because they don't legally have to pay them minimum wage (assuming the immigrants in question are in fact "illegal") and for the most part do tasks that, as Scott said, no one else will lower themselves to do. Americans these days are so full of themselves that anything that requires an ounce of difficult work is somehow beneath them, when in reality the work is too good for them. These are the kinds of people that should be deported, not the hard-working immigrants.

Maybe it's just my anger at this bitch for what she did to an innocent person, but these laws need to change.
Church1ll
Church1ll
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PokerFace Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:13 pm

I remember asking you to summarize this for me earlier because I was getting ready to go to class but I was getting the general gist of things. I really think that this woman is being a little too hardcore given the situation. I mean, there are certainly better ways of handling this situation than the way in which she decided to take it. The worst part is that she probably thinks she's being some kind of a hero for going out of her way to make this man's life a living hell. I know that there have been many problems due to immigration, but I think that when it all comes down to it, immigrants are human beings as well. I think it is basically common human knowledge that we aren't to treat each other in that fashion, but then again, there are lots of things going on right now and that have happened in history that contradict my way of thinking to the max, so I won't even go there...

Somewhat on topic, somewhat off...well, let's just consider it tangential. I'm sure a lot of you are well aware of people out there that like to claim that others are illegal--even if they aren't. I guess you could consider this more of a problem with racism or discrimination or something, but I have definitely felt something to this effect. Just the other day someone that works with my mom said out loud on election day "Good thing Obama won. Then you guys can go back to the Philippines." I think that under no circumstance is that kind of language acceptable, especially when the people you are talking to came here fair and square. For many Filipinos they have had to wait for several years just to gain acceptance into the United States, point in case is that we're still waiting for my uncle to get here and he's been petitioned since 1993. My mom's friend had a neighbor who would always go into their yard and mess with the things on their porch and trample their gardens. After they asked the neighbor not to do it anymore, she called them illegal. There's a wealth of other instances I could mention, but I'd rather not. Like I said, the things I mentioned before don't completely pertain to the article, but it's just a little something I thought I could bring to the table.

PokerFace
Admin

http://ssaddiction.proboards101.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum