Political Boneyard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No More Excuses

Go down

No More Excuses Empty No More Excuses

Post  Church1ll Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:58 pm

While reading through Time Magazine I noticed an interesting bit in one of their sections where they give a brief description of a scientific discovery. This one involved the gene that causes obesity, and I was literally laughing when I finished reading.

You know how there are a lot of people that claim they can't lose weight because of their genes? Well now apparently they can't use that excuse anymore. In a recent study scientists noticed that a group of Amish (yes, Amish) people were on average 7 pounds heavier than the norm. After some testing, with permission naturally, the scientists found these people carried the gene that causes obesity. However, these people were only on average 7 pounds heavier, meaning they only appeared slightly heavier. After some more tests they noticed that the obesity gene really only means you have to exercise more than a "normal" person to lose excess weight or keep yourself at a reasonable weight.

Guess that means all those idiots who are just flat out lazy can't use the "it's in my genes" excuse anymore huh?
Church1ll
Church1ll
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum