Political Boneyard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crying over Clinton

2 posters

Go down

Crying over Clinton Empty Crying over Clinton

Post  Church1ll Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:22 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/04/clinton.eligible/index.html

Apparently the government is pissed about Obama choosing Clinton for Secretary of State. If you're a Republican, chances are I will offend you here. You've been warned.

Now, from what the article is saying, Clinton being nominated is unconstitutional because her salary was raised while in the Senate. Also, they claim she can't become SoS until about 2013. Anyone superstitious will notice that's after 12/21/12, aka Armageddon. Lame joke. Anyway, there are ways around this, but some are still saying that you can't use loopholes and whatnot to get around the Constitution. Here's where I am a bit confused. Do any of them realize that the Patriot Act was essentially designed to destroy our Bill of Rights (the first 10 amendments of the Constitution, mind you) in the name of catching terrorists? Call me crazy, but the few people who voted against the Patriot Act actually read the damn thing. So don't go on saying Clinton's promotion is unconstitutional when Bush practically destroyed the Bill of Rights (thankfully, it didn't).

On another note, I'm glad he chose her for the job as she will make an excellent SoS.
Church1ll
Church1ll
Admin

Back to top Go down

Crying over Clinton Empty Just Some Bickering

Post  ExoticWhiteMan Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:19 pm

I agree with you here. The whole deal about the salary is just a small technicality, so it's no big deal if it's circumvented. While one violation doesn't justify another, it is pretty goofy to freak out over a little clause that almost no one knew existed anyway and wouldn't have noticed. It's probably just Republicans using political tactics against Clinton and using the Constitution for their agenda. Not surprisingly, they ignore major Constitutional implications with the Patriot Act and stuff like Guantanamo, but shove the Constitution in people's faces when it's useful to their political goals. Just more hypocrisy and crap from politicians who care too much about political power, rather than thinking, "hm, let's get stuff done, Clinton might be useful for that."
ExoticWhiteMan
ExoticWhiteMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum