Spambie! (very nerdy)

Go down

Spambie! (very nerdy)

Post  ExoticWhiteMan on Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:43 am

http://slashdot.org/pollBooth.pl

So, I was reading comments on a Slashdot poll that was about what spam would be like in 20 years. Oddly enough, this is probably such stupid humor that you could think of this post as spam, but I got a good laugh out of it :-). This one comment is friggin hilarious:

Anonymous Coward:
"I expect that the internet will be abandoned due to spam. Super spammers will get so good at what they do that you won't be able to block them or stop them in anyway. Instead spam will come in massive "spam storms" that will cause outages to entire countries. The spam will also carry new techniques that will get itself respammed from the original spamee. The spamee will essentially be infected with the spam's virus. Like a zombie only a spammer virus. A spambie.

We are already seeing this coming spamacalypse. Ordinary people are becoming spammers and think they are forwarding funny jokes. Those jokes are not funny. They are spam. You are infected with the spambie virus.

Future strains of the spambie memetic virus will get so bad that even geeks who are usually memetically immune to such things will find themselves forwarding funny stick figure cartoons to grandmas. Cartoons that simply aren't funny to anyone but geeks. And your grandma isn't a geek.

The tipping point will come when more than half the content of the internet is spam. That spam will eventually take over the whole internet. We will all be forced to become Amish because even our computers will spam us with logos when we boot them.

Try it now. You'll see I'm right. It is already too late. The spamacalypse is coming. The spambies are at the door. No chainsaw will stop them. Check yourself. You were bitten. I think you are a spambie already."
ExoticWhiteMan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spambie! (very nerdy)

Post  Gustavus_Adolfus on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:35 am

1st off, you would look at a nerd blog site like that.

and secondly...that is hilarious! however the sad thing is that we arent too far from "spamocalypse"
Gustavus_Adolfus
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Church1ll on Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:45 am

Wow. What the fuck is going through this kid's head?
Church1ll
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum