Our Destructive Politics

Go down

Our Destructive Politics

Post  ExoticWhiteMan on Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:51 am

As everyone knows, Barack Obama and John McCain are competing for the presidency. Also, our country is having some economic trouble; nothing too serious, but something in need of our politicians' attention. I wanted to bring up what, I think, is the reason our government has been seriously inept at using competent approaches to solve the many complex problems we face. Oil drilling, renewable energy, global warming, terrorism, hostile states, various moral issues, taxes, health care, I could look stuff up and add many more. In short, we need politicians that can tackle these problems. The reason why we don't tackle them well, is because of our broken, abused political system.

Now, more than ever, politics has become less friendly talk and more divisive, what-the-hell-why-don't-you-agree-with-me-moron talk. Our two parties, Dems and the GOP, have become more concerned with gaining numbers and struggling for power than ACTUALLY DEALING WITH THE ISSUES AT HAND. Because politics has become the grounds for changing the morality of America and because the nature of those morals is really divisive, the parties have lost almost all common ground. Let's say, because Mr. Gore thinks abortion is OK and Mr. Bush doesn't, the two refuse to cooperate together on other issues. No matter how what issue, the two are incapable of agreeing and try their best to use the issues to force the other out of power.

Are issues like abortion, gay marriage, and the death penalty important? Yes, to the extent that they piss a lot of people off. Ever since the two parties have divided on these, their main priority has been to gain power over the other party, rather than DO THEIR DAMN JOB AND WORK FOR US, THE PEOPLE WHO ARE STRUGGLING UNDER THEM. Every political debate and commercial is not focused on using cooperation to constructively solve our problems, but only on smearing the other party as unintelligent and incapable. Every vote in Congress, every Presidential act, every word uttered by our leaders is not to help America prosper and become more powerful, but only to help those leaders fight the other party. Personally, I don't give a damn what your stance on anything is, but being a brick wall, impenetrable to any other viewpoint, has the potential to bring our country to pitiful levels.

The issues we face as a country are large and complicated. Neither side of the aisle has a perfect plan that fulfills all of our wishes, such as a strong economy, good jobs, good health care, and international clout. In fact, they are both pathetic. How so? Because Americans are so drawn in to the issues, the politicians try to give them simple answers to complex problems, each answer aimed at PULLING DOWN THEIR OPPONENT, NOT ACTUALLY SOLVING THE PROBLEM INTELLIGENTLY. Our politics has become just like our court system. Rather than working together to help the American people, each side is only interested in winning. In this fierce competition, the issues are oversimplified, our response to them are idiotic and fail miserably, and the political struggle is not for our well being and prosperity, but only for our vote. Down with the party system!
ExoticWhiteMan
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Our Destructive Politics

Post  Gustavus_Adolfus on Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:47 am

As our 1st president warned, we have political parties now....and several hundred years later it does leave us inept to handle the big problems because we are bickering over our own personal moralities.

We are going against what this nation was founded on, we broke off from England because of taxation w/o representation....now I feel we are not being represented not because we cant vote, but because of the divisions within the parties. Also with all those morality crap, religion and government were STRICTLY STATED TO BE SEPARATE. Therefore I think that people that run on political platforms should not even be permitted to run.

I do have hope, Obama seems to me to be like a black JFK...young, inexperienced, and having the ability to bring together a divided nation...I just hope he does not meet the same fate.
Gustavus_Adolfus
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Church1ll on Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:30 pm

For whatever reason, this upcoming election seems more like a ridiculous reality television show than an actual election. To be honest, I don't like either candidate. McCain obviously has the experience but what on earth was he thinking when choosing Palin as his running mate? To me it seems almost like he chose her so all the pissed off people from the Clinton camp can suddenly look at her and go "Oh $&*#! It's like he has a Clinton of his own over there!" and run over to his side...or just to appease all the feminists of the country. Obama isn't going to be safe from my rant here either, has he's promising a bit too much right about now. I'll agree that he is essentially a black JFK, but he's made some seriously flawed choices. First off, why on earth would Obama choose Biden as a running mate? Did Obama forget that Biden was actually against him during the Democratic nomination race? And why not pick Clinton? Everyone who once wanted Clinton as the Democratic nominee now either follows Obama because they actually have a brain, or they spend their time trying to sabotage Obama's chance at becoming president. In all honesty, I would have to say this election is going to be more about "shock value" than anything. I can't really explain what I mean by that, but how often were your own feelings toward either candidate suddenly swayed by a single action? Also, now to get back on topic, neither candidate seems to be getting the fact that this election will determine who has to clean up the massive mess left behind by the Bush Administration as well as the incompetent people running the suddenly failing corporations. Both candidates seem more interested, as mentioned above, in smearing the other to make themselves seem less flawed. But correct me if I'm wrong here: wouldn't it be better for the country as a whole to embrace both views of both parties, that way everyone gets the best of both worlds? I'm not saying eliminate the party system entirely, but rather eliminate the need for a running mate before being elected. Whoever "wins" the election obviously becomes president, but whoever "loses" should become the vice president. Think of that for a moment. You'll get the best of both worlds: the Republicans are better with foreign policy while the Democrats are better with domestic affairs. Any other issue such as gay marriage, abortion, whatever can be debated afterward. Oh, and by the way, why exactly do so many people think that not having a religious background of some sort make a candidate unqualified for the job of president? As previously mentioned, the United States government has a policy of separation of church and state...that means no religion in politics. So before all of you politicians go off declaring you are a "born again Christian" or whatever, remember that you are henceforth stomping on the graves of our forefathers.

Ok...I'm done my rant. Chances are I've got a bunch of misguided views in there...as usual correct me if I'm wrong.
Church1ll
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down