Society is Full of Wimps

Go down

Society is Full of Wimps

Post  Church1ll on Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:05 pm

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/9119910?MSNHPHCP&GT1=39002

I was originally going to title this "Society is Full of Pussies" but then realized how weird that would sound considering the article is about a girls' basketball team. If you read the article, you will definitely scratch your head and wonder what the fuck. And I seriously don't care that the winning school was a prep school and the losing school was one for "troubled" kids, which means the kids are normal and their parents are insane.

First off, these girls are playing a COMPETITIVE SPORT. It is not "let us all be nice and give out cookies and milk to people while we take turns scoring points." NO. BAD. BAD RETARDS. If your team loses by 100 points and doesn't score a single point, then guess what that means: YOUR TEAM FUCKING SUCKS AND NEEDS TO PRACTICE. Competitive sports are meant to allow kids the ability to go all out against similarly-grouped (little-league, middle school, high school, college, professional, Olympic, etc.) opponents regardless of skill. If you get pissed off because your kid's team is getting crushed, then maybe you should go get therapy because your kid made the team in the first place thus indicating he/she is to the standards of the coach AND your kid clearly isn't as good as the team he/she is playing.

Secondly, why on earth should ANYONE apologize for winning? Did we apologize to Germany when we and half the world crushed them in World War 2? Did we apologize to Japan for destroying their fleets and armies (not counting the atomic bombs as that caused the deaths of thousands of civilians)? NO. Do higher-ranked students apologize to the lower-ranked students in school? NO. In fact, most parents BRAG about their child's successes, ESPECIALLY when it is by a margin of that magnitude.

Third, anyone who agrees with the team and believes it's the right thing to do is an overly sensitive pussy. I am serious. You cannot, as one parent put it, get angry at a coach for wanting to win. That is the coach's job. If you are a doctor, do you get paid to get people sick? The fact of the matter is that this team lost in possibly the most embarrassing way possible. And don't even try the whole "but the losing team had troubled kids" because there are countless stories of teams crushing much more fortunate opponents, one of which had the team literally sleeping on gym floors while the other had personal trainers for each kid (I wish I could make that up) with the former winning. Hell, a deaf football team beat a public school's team. So don't even try your bullshit.

I swear to god our society is so full of overly sensitive morons.
Church1ll
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Society is Full of Wimps

Post  Gustavus_Adolfus on Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:40 am

i would agree for the most part if this were a vital game....

for example, when Rutgers played against Louisville we did not show and form of mercy because it was vital for us to land a bowl game....

however even in professional football when a team is winning by a large margin the coaches throw in the 2nd and 3rd strings...granted this is assumed that they are going to win.

but it is more "classy" to beat a team and when you are annihilating them...to go a little easier.

the 100-0 margin was ridiculous and not to say parents shouldn't be thinking "well my daughter isn't amazing!?!?!?"

but the point is that when you beat a team down, no need to kick once they're down.
Gustavus_Adolfus
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Church1ll on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:37 pm

Well here's the thing: the team that got beat just kept on playing. They didn't act like they were victims or anything, they just accepted it as a loss and moved on.

The fact that the winning team is essentially "giving" them the win would seem like a massive slap in the face to me. This is especially true when you realize they "feel bad and ashamed" or whatever for winning by such a ridiculous margin. The losing team just wants to play basketball, but if a team beats them and then decides to give them a win because they "feel bad," well, that to me is a huge insult. It's almost like telling them straight up that they suck (which considering the loss was that massive, they do) and shouldn't even bother playing.

I don't know about you guys but I'd much rather suck and get crushed by an insane amount than be handed a victory out of pity.
Church1ll
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gustavus_Adolfus on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:11 pm

yea, the losing team might not want the forfeit....but the main this is that the margin was just a little too high. The whole situation should have been avoided by keeping the game with a shutout but not by putting up 100 points
Gustavus_Adolfus
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down