Deal With It

Go down

Deal With It

Post  Church1ll on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:21 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/02/16/airline.peanuts/index.html

When I first saw the name of the above article I thought "oh jesus tap-dancing christ get over the salmonella bullshit" until I started actually reading the article. Then I thought "oh jesus tap-dancing christ if you're allergic to peanuts don't fucking eat them."

I understand that some people have the severe allergy in that so much as smelling a peanut can trigger a reaction. To this I say let the buffer zone idea play out. Chances are, the odor of peanuts will be lost amongst the odors of other passengers.

But seriously, protests? Give me a break. Peanuts are the traditional, if not stereotypical, airline snack. Don't go "oh well just serve pretzels" because chances are most people will want peanuts. Also, last time I checked, having a peanut allergy that bad (as in, smelling peanuts can screw you up) is very rare. Why should an airline throw away something most people eat just because a tiny handful of customers can't? It's not as though the airline is throwing peanuts at you and yelling "EAT THEM OR I EAT YOUR CHILDREN."

Seriously though, what the hell.
Church1ll
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deal With It

Post  Gustavus_Adolfus on Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:27 pm

yea...why suddenly would people be protesting, just seems like they're taking advantage of a crises for their own interests. Under any previous circumstances peanut protesters would be laughed at (they still are)...but now are almost being taken seriously.

RIDICULOUS
Gustavus_Adolfus
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Church1ll on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:14 pm

The saddest part is, 20 years ago any protest of this kind would be laughed at. Now though, not protesting when something pisses you off is nearing abnormality. What the hell happened to this country.
Church1ll
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down