Political Boneyard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ban "Retard?" I Think Not.

2 posters

Go down

Ban "Retard?" I Think Not. Empty Ban "Retard?" I Think Not.

Post  Church1ll Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:52 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29981699/?gt1=43001

Just for this I am going to use the word "retard" far more than I usually do. Why? Because it would be retarded not to. The phrase they want to replace the word retard with is "intellectually and developmentally disabled." Yea, real nice there. Are you retarded, because guess what that essentially means: brain dead.

I don't know about you, but if I were retarded I would probably get a chuckle out of being called retard because I probably wouldn't know what it means in the first place, but also because I'd rather be considered slow than brain dead if someone explained it to me. Don't say "karma will get you and you'll have retarded children" because you know what? I can have all kids born with no limbs, blind, deaf, and retarded and guess what? I would still love my children anyway because I'm not a jackass who puts everyone into categories and goes about protesting every time someone uses a word.

We live in the United States of America. It's called "Freedom of Speech." Get used to the fucking idea. If you don't like it, move to a country where you don't have the right to say whatever the hell you want. You'll come crawling back (assuming you even can) and never again protest something as trivial as a word.

Oh, and don't go crying about people's feelings. That argument died out once everyone cried about equality and then bitched every time someone gave it to them (I'm looking at women and anyone who isn't white or speak English on this one).
Church1ll
Church1ll
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ban "Retard?" I Think Not. Empty Re: Ban "Retard?" I Think Not.

Post  Gustavus_Adolfus Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:40 pm

I wouldn't say that necessarily people complained about being given equality.

But I do believe that changing what you call someone doesn't mean anything...its always the MEANING behind the words.

When newscasters say the word "the n-word", they don't literally mean the 'n-word', they mean nigger. It is a foul term because it is always associated with slavery and I personally do not like the word. However, saying 'n-word' does not change anything....it just covers the shitty word in frosting.

As Ralphie May said about using the word retard...I agree. Here is a humorous clip that also includes the rant about the word. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9mytOPDeeE
Gustavus_Adolfus
Gustavus_Adolfus
Admin

Back to top Go down