Political Boneyard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murtha second dem to piss off PA

3 posters

Go down

Murtha second dem to piss off PA Empty Murtha second dem to piss off PA

Post  ExoticWhiteMan Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:40 pm

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/23/murtha-race-tightens-racist-redneck-remarks/

This article is pretty short. Following Obama's lead, Murtha, western PA's house member, made comments like (paraphrasing), "Obama isn't winning there because of race" and "People in Western PA are racist rednecks." .......................................................
Yeah, um.............
That's kinda fucked up. Who I vote for is based on what makes sense to me and what the US needs to become stronger, not the color of someone's skin. There are undoubtedly people who are racist and won't vote for Obama for that reason, but there are also people who are only voting for Obama because he's black, not because he deserves their vote. To both of these groups, whether trying to make history or not, race has no place as an issue in politics, and neither does gender, or creed, or anything else on that ever-growing discrimination list. I am not voting based on race. If McCain were black, I wouldn't give a damn. To all the dems who cry foul because I'm not voting for a minority, piss off. If I liked his ideas and positions, I WOULD vote for him, but I don't like them, so I'm not. Besides, Murtha is complaining over PA, not some historically racist state like Alabama. I think people who think race should determine who gets elected and who gets into a tough school (that's another post) are mindless idiots.

This is only one group of people in this election that are not looking at the issues for themselves. Personally, issues aside, I think electing a porky first term senator over a seasoned senator and war veteran is practically BEGGING our adversaries to intimidate and mock us. Anyway, back on topic, Murtha's and Obama's comments give me the impression that they are the bigots. These statements tell me that these men are sore losers, and if voters don't accept them for their rhetoric and positions, that they will resort to attack the voter's decency and character.
ExoticWhiteMan
ExoticWhiteMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Murtha second dem to piss off PA Empty Re: Murtha second dem to piss off PA

Post  Gustavus_Adolfus Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:17 am

i completely agree and it was not until a year or so ago i realized the east coast city/suburban culture is SO DIFFERENT from southern culture and the bible belt.

Not to say they are racist, but they have a lot of different and more conservative beliefs. However, there still is bigotry in America which is both pathetic and appalling, hopefully in time it will pass. To put things into perspective, the civil rights movement was only 50 years ago...which is only ONE generation.

It's obvious we still have a ways to go, however there are people voting for O Bama because he is black, which i believe is just as bad. You need to vote on a candidate based on their beliefs, not their color.
Gustavus_Adolfus
Gustavus_Adolfus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Murtha second dem to piss off PA Empty I hope so

Post  ExoticWhiteMan Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:07 pm

I hope so too. My grandma actually used the n word a few times, and my parents were kinda pissed about it. Even worse, Megan tells me sometimes that her family in Virginia has problems with white people there. Sunnis and Shias, whites and non-whites, gays and straights, even if stuff offends us, it's no friggin excuse to treat someone like crap. Even crazier, an article today was posted about a white woman who had a McCain bumper sticker on her car. She parks and uses an atm, and then an Obama supporter attacks her and carves a B into her face cuz of the sticker. Is it me, or do people just want to freak out and bitch and go nuts when someone thinks and acts differently from them? I know tolerance class seemed stupid at the time, but it seems like lots of people need it.
ExoticWhiteMan
ExoticWhiteMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Murtha second dem to piss off PA Empty what the ****

Post  ExoticWhiteMan Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:07 pm

Ok, update, the woman who got attacked made it up.
ExoticWhiteMan
ExoticWhiteMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Church1ll Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:35 pm

What a surprise. People will do anything to get attention these days, and that woman has essentially done something equally wrong in order to get people to vote for her side. In all honesty, I couldn't care less about who wins this election. The media has turned it into a massive joke, as have many of the serious supporters on both sides. It's all fine and good to try and get people to come to your side but violence, lies, all that crap needs to stop. And for anyone who is voting because of the candidates skin color, I hope somewhere along the line you become ineligible to vote. Voting on anything other than the platform the candidate stands on, unless it is in addition to his/her platform, is wrong. If you like Obama's plans, great. If you like McCain's plans, great. If you like Obama because he is black or McCain because he is white, don't vote unless you seriously understand what each candidate plans to do. Being a specific race has never been a qualification for the presidency, same goes for religion. These people make the voting process a joke.
Church1ll
Church1ll
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum